OHD (Other Health Disabilities) MAILING LIST INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
The MN Low Incidence Projects, a program that receives funding from the Minnesota Department of Education, maintains a number of Mailing Lists (formerly known as List Servs) that are forums dedicated to collaboration and best practices for students receiving special education services in Minnesota.
Subscription to the Statewide OHD (Other Health Disabilities) Mailing List is available to school specialists and other interested educators/professionals who provide services and supports to children and youth with OHD. The Statewide OHD Mailing List allows users to share information and post questions (queries) to other members of the list. Some typical postings include requesting/sharing information about school services and supports, disability-specific information, professional development opportunities, resources, etc.
Directions for Subscribing
Complete requested fields below. After you have subscribed, bookmark and return to this site to post queries or responses, review guidelines, change subscriber information for yourself, or access archived postings.
Protocol for Posts
When posting on this Mailing List, Include only your name and region.
To ensure the best possible experience for all Mailing List members, basic guidelines for participation have been established.
STANDARDS FOR USE
1. Positive Posting: All communications should demonstrate respect, trust, and sincere appreciation for differing viewpoints, backgrounds, and interests.
2. Confidentiality: Communications should not include information that could be used to identify any student, family member, staff, or school. The moderator may assist you in modifying your post to ensure confidentiality.
3. Copyright: Members should observe limitations on sharing copyrighted materials.
4. Vendors and Products: Marketing new products on the Mailing List is allowed one time by vendors. Moderators will monitor vendor postings. Members are encouraged to share useful features and describe specific challenges with a product. However, members should avoid making general judgments about products, knowing that individual student needs must always be considered.
5. Professional Learning Opportunities: These opportunities may be shared on the list.
6. Employment Opportunities: Postings of low incidence employment opportunities are encouraged.
7. Links and Attachments: Hyperlinks should only be from trusted sources in order to prevent the spread of computer viruses and other malicious software. Postings with hyperlinks must include a brief description of the link's content. No attachments are allowed on the Mailing List.
8. Subject Lines: For ease of use, subject lines should be short and clearly describe the topic. A limit of 40 characters is recommended. Remember to change the subject line when the conversation changes.
9. Message Content: Strive to keep messages clear and brief.
10. People First Language: Use People First¯ language that puts the person first and the disability second.
11. No Individual Messages: Do not use the Mailing List to communicate with one person. Examples: "Thank you for that tip" or "Please send me a copy."¯ Send individual messages via personal email.
12. Acronyms: Please use the whole phrase upon the first use in a message.
13. Lobbying and Fundraising: The list is not to be used for these purposes.
14. Guideline Agreement: As members of the OHD Mailing List, you agree that you have read and will abide by these guidelines. Mailing List membership may be terminated for those who violate these guidelines.
Posted information is not reflective of official policies or recommendations of the MN Low Incidence Projects, the Metro ECSU, the MN Department of Education, or local educational agencies.
Contact the OHD Mailing List moderator: email@example.com
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the MN.OHD
Subscribe to MN.OHD by filling out the following
This is a closed list, which means your subscription
will be held for approval. You will be notified of the list
moderator's decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.