kwangcasey at oakenbarrel.com kwangcasey at oakenbarrel.com
Fri Jul 17 15:48:39 UTC 2015

FRIDAY BEER QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“I’ve found my sleep number.  It’s 6.  Six glasses of beer.” – Rotten Cards

Indiana Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival is this Saturday.  It is from
2PM to 7Pm, and the event is moving from Broadripple to new location, the
Military Park downtown.  This very popular beer festival will feature over
100 breweries, and over 500 beers.  Hope to see you there.

We like to congratulate Chilly Water Brewery for winning the Brewery of
the Year at the State Fair Beer Competition.  Chilly Water is located in
Fletcher Place on Virginia Avenue, and the brewers have close ties to
Oaken Barrel.  This small brewery has been open for few years, and they
have been putting out some great product.  Stop in and say hello to Dan
and Skip, and congratulate them in person.  Also, look for a collaboration
beer from Oaken Barrel and Chilly Water.  It is a Radler, a German Pilsner
brewed with grapefruit, and this beer makes a great summer thirst
quencher.  We will be doing a sneak tapping at the Summer Concert at the
Craig Park this Saturday evening.

Taste Like Chicken will be performing at the Amphitheater at the Craig
Park this Saturday.  There are two opening bands, and they will start the
music at 5:30 P.M.  Concert is free, and Oaken Barrel, along with Mallow
Run Winery will be selling our beers and wines.  Part of the proceeds goes
to benefit the Greenwood Park Board, so come out and support this great
event.

Appetizer Special: PORK CARNITAS NACHO - $8.45
Dinner Feature: GRILLED PRIME RIB - $17.95
Fresh Catch: MEDITERRANEAN BERRAMUNDI - $13.95
Dessert Specials: STRAWBERRY SHORT SHEETCAKE - $5.95
Seasonal Beers: IMPERIAL PILSNER AND KING RUDI HEFEWEIZEN